Wednesday, January 17

First impressions

(This post was started last week, but my buddy E's last post put me in a good mood, so i finished it)

Damn, I haven't posted much in 2006... and when i did, the entries were mostly sad or totally depressing, lol... I had a rough year, but it's all in the past now.

Let's start the year with a fun post.

I think i mentionned work, family, and a bunch of other things but i havent really said anything about the boys (and girls) in my life.
So,... allons-y ! ( "let's go !")

Let's start with 'Curves'. I see 'Curves' everyday. And oh, it's a man, lol.
He has the most unbelievable body i've ever seen. Full lips, crazy pecs and biceps, natural 8-pack with the "V-shape" at the bottom, bubbly bubble butt, amazing thighs, calves everything... His father is some kind of athletic trainer, and considering the job he's done on his kid, i would hire him as a personal trainer the second at any price !

'Curves' is straight. Believe it or not he is not sexy. lol. Just like his body, he was gifted with a ridiculously handsome face, there is not physical reason for him not to be sexy but he is not. When i saw him at school, the first minutes i felt dizzy, lol. Then everything downhill and a few minutes later i was back to my books, it's unbelievable. He was full of himself, and just plain stupid.

The first weeks, he was everybody's friend then he managed to argue with all of them, and quickly became a loner. He came to me because we were in the same class and there was no group he could possibly join. I was by myself so we started studying together that day, and it became a daily habit.

From there we built a friendship that has become rock solid now. I realized all he needed was attention because his father never gave him any, and always treated him like a... Soldier. He was bored in his personal life, that's why he was lying and creating drama, just to make something happen in his life.
He moved a lot and was never allowed to spend time with his friends out of school, so he really values our friendship. Always calling, spending weekends at my place, gettin me to spend weekends at his so we can play videogames till 8 am, always consulting me before taking decisions, and in the process making his girlfriends either jealous or feel like they were goin out with the both of us. He's one of the rare friends who knows about my sexuality.

I had to tell him because he was getting way too close emotionally (i couldnt think of anything or anybody else at one point) and physically (sleepin in my bed in his underwear) , doing weird things like arguing with people to si t next to me at the movies. I just felt it was important for him to know. He was very cool with it, and took the fact that i told him as a proof that we were really like brothers. I couldnt expect a better reaction. It made things clear, i got the confirmation the he was not a 'curious or confused straight' man that was trying to experience things (that's something i refuse to deal with), so i really started becoming a better friend to him in return.

I'm goin to his kickboxing class. it's starting in 10 mins and i'm bringing him his gym clothes, LOL, so i guess i'd better be gone, i'll write about the others later.

The feeling you get when you realize you're about to rush and run like a mad man to help somebody who just a few months ago completely repulsed you.... Ain't it completely crazy ??

First impressions = a sick biatch !
Is there a person in your life you just look at and you're like " damn, if somebody had told me we'd be friends i probably whould have stabbed the person " ?

22 Comments:

Blogger Dayne Avery said...

I've always wanted a close straight guy friend but ever since being in this lifestyle it seems like the search for the impossible. Only DL, confused, guys seem to cross my path. I would love the kind of friendship you have with curves. Someone you can chill with sleep with and not have to worry about sex.

10:35 p.m.  
Blogger Playboy Adonis said...

I think every gay guy wants a straight friend. I have plenty of straight peeps that I kick it with, but, I'm looking for more gay friends actually. Not that they have to be gay, I'm just looking for peeps who are comfortable with the life they have lived.

Curves seems cool from reading your blog entry. I would be cautious though. I never drop all my guard with anybody though.

12:59 a.m.  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Thanks for the visit to my page. To answer your question, actually there is one person I can think of and we're now no longer in speaking terms, to think her and I were friends. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. But then again it was me being nice and tolerant all these years with her. I think officially it's over. Your post is great, I miss reading your blog. So...what's up with Curves, lol, he sounds delicious.

Wow, you'll be working in 2 hotels, that's cool, mo money, mo money :)

12:34 p.m.  
Blogger terpFAN said...

this is a very cute post

sounds like you've been sucked into the void in curves' life ... even got the boy's girlfriends jealous, lol

i like how u were upfront about your sexuality and i think this type of honesty will bring y'all closer together as friends/brothers

ain't it true how first impressions can be so unfair?? that has been my experience too

1:19 p.m.  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I have slapped someone if they told me the one of my "brothers" that I had a mad crush on back in middle school would become like family to me. He has grown into a beautiful black brother but now I don't see him like I once did. Very attractive but no where close to being attracted.

Sexy just isn't appearance. We need a pic of Curves' body! LOL

3:48 p.m.  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

I seem to become friends with everyone because everyone thinks I'm so dam friendly BUT I know for a fact that one of the people I am friends with would have never thought she would have been friends with someone like me. Diamonds and I are very very close and if we would not have met at work I am not someone she would have dealt with otherwise because I was just to dam wild for her! hahaha

10:39 p.m.  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

everytime i see the word curves, i get flashbacks from that gosh darn so called gym that i now despise!!! ugh.
i know that wasn't the intention...lol
glad u're feeling better in the new year. that's what it's about
:)

3:27 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah! ony of my best friends now couldn't stand me when we first met, and i didn't care much for her either. but now, we're just about inseparable.

reg.

4:12 p.m.  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

LOL I always tell one of my closest girl friends that when I first met her I thought she was stuck up and although I still call her bougie sometimes she's far from it :)

3:40 p.m.  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

About time you posted somethin' new. I like your writing style. Kickboxing class? Hmmmm.... I'm thinking about joining one, myself.

4:25 p.m.  
Blogger WiseYoungMan said...

im completely utterly confused by you and this blog....*shakes head and reaches for aspirin*

1:51 p.m.  
Blogger E said...

Nice story on Curves...he sounds like lots of fun.

8:51 p.m.  
Blogger Soldier said...

@ Dayne : i know !!!! i'm lucky to have him as a friend he's deeply and truly stupid which is somethin i like.

@ Playboy : I dont really have gay friends either, i know gay people but friends ? well online, yep but not exactly in real life.

@ Lyrically : More $, yes, yes. This college thing is becomin expensive.

@ Terpfan : thx, the girlfriends, after a few weeks actually start chilling when they start gettin to know me and realize i actually beg him to spend more time with them.

@ Ladynay : Sexy is more than appearance indeed. A pic of curves ? we'll see how we can work that out

@ Trina : That's like school, you meet people there and sometimes you're like "damn, out of these walls, i'd never even have said hi to u"

@ B n Free : lol, i'm sorry i'm makin u think of the gym, y do u despise it now ?

@ reg : I'm happy things are that way, actually. It makes life interesting. There are people u cant stand but know u could if things were a lil' different, and there are people who just need to be slapped off the continent !

@ honey : I always tell people about my bestfriend " not she's not stuck up at all believe me she just doesnt get friendly with people sher doesnt know, she's a cool girl" and people look at me like i'm a bullshiter lol

@ Bougie : kickboxin is great. it helps build strength and discipline, like all martial arts. Try karate too !

@ Wise : lol, confused ?!

@ E : He is fun ! where are you these days, u yahoo messenger drifter ???

10:02 p.m.  
Blogger WiseYoungMan said...

Yes like what are you, who are you, what are you about, I've read your blog and every time I read it I feel like I'm suppossed to know a certain amount about you when I really dont so alot of the times its just confusing @ least to me. Plus you need to step the game up and get rid of that damn army toy and put up a photo of YOU.....

When you do that...I'll blog again *enters back into blogging retirement*

11:29 p.m.  
Blogger Soldier said...

@ wise : mm... if you've read the blog be4 you should know a certain amount of things indeed (i havent written many entries in 06...) but your memory will be refreshed pretty soon.

And the picture of me ? The toy soldier actually is not a random choice and im pretty attached to it, but thats vague i know lol. I'll put a partial pic of me (maybe my back lol) when i find one that makes sense.

12:46 a.m.  
Blogger WiseYoungMan said...

One word...whack

LOL

10:04 a.m.  
Blogger Jameil said...

one of my friends i did not like at all the first several times i saw her. i thought she was loud and obnoxious... she is. but in a fun way and i have a blast every time she's around. wouldn't want to relive my sr. year w/o her.

hurray for kickboxing! my gym offers one class: noon on sunday. what kind of random ass wack time is that? only the non-church attendin heathens can go? i mean not like i've been to church lately but the implication!!! hmph!! hahahahaha

12:40 p.m.  
Blogger WiseYoungMan said...

I have three posts happy now?

2:52 p.m.  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Hey Soldier,

I thought you showed interest in purchasing some art from my sister, she emailed you. Did you get it? If you are interested she now has a myspace page and I can give it to you so you can contact her :) Hope all is well.

2:16 p.m.  
Blogger fuzzy said...

Yea I have one but Its not THAT bad... I think...

::sigh::

5:07 p.m.  
Blogger FreshLikeFebrez said...

i apologize that it has taken me so long to visit your blog. but thanks for visiting my page. and yes first impressions are a sick BIATCH. about a year ago i was sitting in my pyschology class and heard this loud voice scream out "GURLLLLLL!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE ON!" To my suprise, this statement had come from the mouth of a dark skinned male, wearing a louis vutton man bag, dressed head to toe in EXPRESS clothing. very attractive male but my bottom jaw dropped from his "openness". make a long story short, the next day I was introduced to him through another friend and he has been my road dawg ever since. gives great advice, very intelligent, and VERY OUTGOING.

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

come on where are you hiding?

2:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home