Tuesday, June 20

Random !

I answered all the comments to the previous post in its comment section
----

Artiste Extraordinaire : Daft Punk - " Face to Face "

(click on Play to listen to it right here, right now)

The Random thing, I don't think i ever did it... if i did, then it was a long time ago...

Well i'm in the process of getting my life organized, so uh... it's the same for my blog i guess...

* Me and another blogger are in "talks" about co-hosting a lil sum'-sum' that'll deal with travelling, experiences, and tips on where to go if you ever wanna step out of your comfort zone. Let's hope we'll make it happen. it could be cool !

* I love people who know how to get what they want. An opportunity to meet a really influent businessman presented itself. I called my friend Nikki to see if she was interested in meeting him with me. The meeting was taking place 10 minutes later, so i was just giving her the info, thinking she would probably be too busy to come with me. Less than 10 minutes later, she was standing in front of me and we were ready to have lunch with the man. She was STUNNING. Trench coat, nice pumps, perfect hair, glowing face, perfect smile (For a second i even thought about cancelling everything and asking her out, just like that.. lol).
We met the man and thank god she was there, she really made an excellent impression and he gave us more than 5 ways to contact him in case we ever needed his help, advice or support, or anything !
I dropped her at her appartment, went in for a sec to get some dvds. I saw her removing her trench coat, i was curious to see what was going on under. I was sure it was something very short because during lunch as she was sittin down all you coud see was legs, no dress or anything.
If only i was prepared for i saw : stained gym clothes !

WHAT ????? She laughed and told me what happened when i called.

She was at the gym. The second i told her who we could be meeting, she stopped everything she was doing, borrowed the trench coat and pumps from her friend who works at the gym's front desk, as well as the friend's handbag, ran out of the gym, and hopped into a cab in which she did her hair and make-up with what she found in the bag (she was lucky the friend and her didn't have completely opposite skin complexions).
All of that in about 10 minutes, that's crazy !! Damn, who does that ? lol
To me, she has James Bond status now... damn, damn !

* Masculinity is perceived so differently around the world ! On the re-run of CSI i watched today, a woman saw a man and called him "girly" and assumed he was gay just because he had style (nice suit, nice shirt, nice tie, nice shoes, perfect choice of colors,... viva italia !), and was perfectly groomed.
He wasn't gay, he was just european, lol... european men are very fashion-aware.

David Beckham

* Speaking of style, why don't some people dress according to their physique ? i mean some things will fit certain people and not others. Some trends are not for you... lol... do not follow them !

* Special shoutout to all the bloggers who kept in touch with me with during the past six months, you guys rock !

* What are you guys doing this summer ? any major plans ? I know i'm gonna be working most of the time but i'll definitely take a break in August to go on my usual African tour : Morocco, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Senegal & Cabo Verde to see my family.
To me, nothing beats that kinda trip.

Here's what i miss the most about living in Africa :


They are our future,... i wanna be there every step of the way, and make sure they grow to become wise, strong, and just so damn beautiful !

9 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Nikki is the BOMB point blank! I like her! LOL

7:37 a.m.  
Blogger E said...

Wow...that's a cool lady, able to do what she had to do to get ready in ten minutes. I hope your endeavors work out.

9:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, when the others told me about it, i was sure it was gonna be a mess (like u... LOL), it's not. kudos 2 u

The picture of the child made me forget what the post was about so i can't even remember what else i wanted to say... it's really REALLY a beautiful picture, damn !

Marco

2:09 p.m.  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

That picture is powerful...Wow!
You're right about people dressing accordingly, especially in the summer all the clowns come out and play, lol

2:31 p.m.  
Blogger Karamale said...

nikki sounds hot as hell. the theme for one of my dj nights back in the day was "the adventures of secret agent carioca jones," since my music was a mix of brazilian jazz, smooth house, and danceable lounge mixed in a james bondish style. the whole mess under the trench is something carioca would do.

hit you tonight.

2:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

( did you spend all night on the phone last night ? EVERY single time i called you said you were already talking to somebody, im waitin for u to call me, yes im still waiting, fool ! )

Anyway, like i told ya on the phone, you FORGOT to mention that Nikki is Japanese/ivoirian, i mean what kinda mix is that ? lol
It explains everything...

2:00 a.m.  
Blogger Jameil said...

umm... americans think europeans are way too feminine. becks is fine but a lil tooooo well groomed for me. looks like he spends more time in the mirror than i do. and you can ask my crew. i check myself in every reflective surface i pass. glass, windows, mirrors, vending machines... can i get that african tour? i'm tryin to be down! i see so many fashion mishaps everyday it makes me want to throw things and give myself over to the fashion impaired forever.

5:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

12:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

7:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home