Sunday, November 13

" Tu peux faire tellement mieux " ?

So i havent updated in a while, i know... but my latest posts " It ends tonight ! " and " Colonel ! " the story of one of the most terrible events of my lifetime was read by a lot more people than i expected and i spent all week exchanging emails with other bloggers about it, i made friends in the process, especially one... I have no idea how it's possible to be that cool but he is COOL and i hope he sticks around for a lifetime or two.. lol

So back to our business of the day, i was having dinner with my friends tonight and everything was cool, we were talking about weddings in our families ( why are they all next July ? ) when one of us started telling us how he thought he was probably get engaged with his current girlfriend because things were really great between them.

He had to stop because another one of my friends had a really strange look on his face. We litteraly had to beg him to give his opinion about the whole thing. Apparently, something was wrong to him but he didnt wanna say it, but we begged him some more and he just started laughing, then he told the soon-to-be-engaged one : " Tu peux faire tellement mieux ! ", and that means " You can do so much better ! " Personnally, i was SHOCKED... speechless, and embarassed.

You can do so much better ? What does that mean ?

Thats what he was asked to explain but he gave vague answers, so the Mr-soon-to-be-engaged got mad and left. I tried my best to make him stay, but he was just furious.

The second he left , we started " agressing " the one who had started all that mess with our questions. HOW COULD HE SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ???
He said that the man is flawless ( which is true ) so since he could get any woman he wanted, why was he picking the average girl he was with ?
That, to me was crazy because the girl is simply extraordinary. She's smart, polite, educated, kind, considerate, excellent cook, funny, simple but stylish, and so much more...
But he continued and said that it made no sense, that our friend should get a hot girl because he could and that it was a waste to be with his current girlfriend. I put my part of the money on the table and left... 20 mins later i was at the movie theater watching "The Corpse Bride" with my friend and his girlfriend.
So my real question is " how could somebody even think something like that ?? "

I wanna have other people's opinions : I see a lot of people running after " sexy people ", thinking they're too good themselves to be with an average looking person, " oh he gotta be tall, and muscular, and be cute and be this, and be that... " isnt it crazy ?
I heard a lot of young women around me say stuff like " how can beyoncé be with that ugly Jay Z, when she can do so much better ! Is it because of the money or the sex or what ?? "
Can't Jay Z be a good man who respects her, makes her laugh, knows how to be there for her, and treats her right ? or " Denzel's wife ain't that fine, what a waste of a fine man ! "
Im not saying that looks don't matter at all, but man ! How can you request something of somebody when they have absolutely no control over it ( like overall physical appearance ) ?

So what do people do these days, set their physical requirements and then only talk to those who meet them, or is it that conversation and personnality etc.. don't count anymore, once you find somebody's cute enough, you just hook up with them ??

I need feedback y'all FOR REAL !

9 Comments:

Blogger Karamale said...

in many places, bruh, that's just the way the game goes. it sucks that people do screen potentials with such a superficial template. true, we all like to look at pretty things, but intellect, sensitivity, and honesty go a lot farther. i admit to having given cuties many more chances than an average person would have gotten, and i'm working on that. i don't know how many others are, though. good to see you back, soldado.

4:04 p.m.  
Blogger Jameil said...

While its not necessarily looks, I think presentation is very important. If you can't even pay attention to how you look when you step out of the house, how will you be able to pay any attention to me? I went on a couple of dates with a recognizable calendar model once just because all of my friends thought he was gorgeous. But he was so vapid I couldn't keep it up. Bottom line, looks matter to an extent b/c your blinding personality probably isn't going to get me to see you from the beginning. However, if you can't hold an intelligent convo, then I'm out.

7:42 p.m.  
Blogger E said...

You know...beauty is in the eye of the beholder (at least physically). I think your friend was player hating a bit, though on some level, there could be that feeling of could I do better?

But the grass is always greener on the other side. Then once you get to that other side, you may realize what you had before looks greener.

I don't know. If your engaged friend thinks the world of his current girlfriend and she meets most everything he's looking for, he shouldn't concern himself with what other folks may think.

You can always do better, I suppose. But why ruin the chance you have with the one you're with?

12:38 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

someone is jealous and superficial ...

most times when people do not have anything nice to say it is because they are unhappy and do not like to see anyone else happy ...

10:40 a.m.  
Blogger WiseYoungMan said...

You know what people don't realize is that this...looks fade. There are plenty of "ugly" people with fine ass folks, and it does make people sometimes think what the fuck . Yet what they fail to realize, yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but also that conversation, and confidence goes a LONG way.

Granted it's no one's place to say, you could do so much better than the person you are with, if you're talking about strictly on the physical. Now, if that person treats them like dirt, and they dont' deserve it, then yes they can and need to do better.

Just my thoughts

10:45 a.m.  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I have heard that recently about some hookups amongst my friends..."you can do so much better"...I had to tell one of my best friends that...oh well! he needed to hear that, and I was right.

5:01 p.m.  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

It's funny how when we are younger we look for the hottest person to be with. Then we are older we realize that looks fade and a person who makes us laugh, smile and love being around them is what matters. Looks will attract and distract me but how you act and speak will keep me around. I feel simon on what they said I think the friend was also jealous....can't we just be happy for the man (smile)

12:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

3:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Adult shemale stores free photo pussy teen pain medication without a prescription Pics of 93 toyota camry Beauty care machine skin nail fungus medication

3:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home