Monday, June 12

I opened the door...

Artiste extraordinaire : Esthero - "I drive Alone"

---------

... and dropped my bag on the floor.

First thing i did was taking a cell phone out.
I dialed 5 numbers. one by one.
And about 5 times, i smiled as i left the same message :
" We had some unfinished business, didn't we ? Well guess what... i'm back "
I kept on similing as i threw the phone somewhere over my shoulder, knowing i wouldn't have to use it again for a long time.

I took another cell phone out of the bag and like a kid turning his video game on for the first time after finding it under the christmas tree, i turned it on : My local cell phone. i was back for real.

20 minutes later, as i was coming out of the shower, i heard the familiar incoming-text-message beep coming from my cell :
" Welcome back soldier, be downstairs in 10 minutes "

8 minutes later, when i stepped out, the car was already parked in front of the house and the driver was standing by the door (they hadn't forgotten how much the small details count, i was impressed).
10 minutes later, i was there. The place i loved the most, a white tent set in the park, table for 6, fresh seafood. I smiled as i sat down with the people i had been separated from for the first time since birth, my bestfriends.

Three words were enough to put my brain on memory-shuffle mode : " how was it ? "
Only one word made an appropriate answer : "chaos"

Saying that life is a rollercoaster is an understatement, people...

When i left home in december, i unplugged all the electronic applicances, cleaned the floors, closed all the windows and doors, emptied the fridge. I just had the feeling this trip was gonna be more than a few days long.
  • At the beginning of december, my pregnant friend and her boyfriend ended their 5 years relationship, which led her to depression. Can you even imagine what it's like to be disrespected, lied to and cheated on by somebody whose child you're carrying in your body, a child that will become an unbreakable bond between the 2 parents for life... i've seen depressed people before, but this one was carrying a human being in her body. it was scary ! In the last weeks of her pregnancy, right when the pressure became too much for her to handle, she got sick and was taken to the emergency room. The baby we had all been waiting for, the baby she had been talkin about for more than 8 months could never see daylight... and she almost died.
  • 3 days later, as me and my friend were packing to return to France so she could rest with her family, we received a phone call. Some boy had just slit my 17 years old friend Alex's throat right in the middle of their high school ( ASOY, American School of Yaounde, Cameroon). Why ? The boy claims Alex tried to "seduce" him.
I took the friend who had lost her baby to France, then headed to Cameroon, Ivory Coast, and Senegal to be with my people as we all wanted to support Alex's family.

A week after my arrival there, my friend who had lost her baby passed away in Paris and her boyfriend who felt responsible for everything that happened commited suicide.

My life became a TOTAL MESS. It felt like some kind of end of the year wipe-out... It was harder than words will ever be able to express. I was like a dead mind in a living body. I didn't know what to do or what to think. I seriously didn't feel safe.

They say life always goes on. As impossible as it first seemed, it did. Life went on.

I kept on going back and forth between Paris and Montreal.
I did it so much, it became.. my job. crazy but true.
A small Paris-based hotel group hired me because they needed somebody who didn't mind going back forth all the time.
So much happened.....

The hotel experience was very pleasant, it kept me busy, it kept me from drowning in misery.
I was so comitted to my job, i fell in love with it.
Me and the hotel business are now in deep, pure love. I need my own hotel, anybody wanna buy me one ? lol

Life went on, the world kept on turning,
life has to go on, the world has to keep on turning,
Things change,
cherish the day,
every moment counts,
save for tomorrow,
live for today,
but most of all, never forget


by the way, i'm back.

14 Comments:

Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

Welcome Back...So sorry to hear about all the tragedies that have taken place.But it is true that life goes on. Hopefully there are some good things in store for you!

5:51 a.m.  
Blogger Ladynay said...

That's a lot to comment on! Glad your sane and when you get your hotel up and running I want my discount! *wink*

8:18 a.m.  
Blogger fuzzy said...

Thanks, i'm enjoying blogworld just fine so far. i'm surprised that you are functioning as you are with all of that happening within such a short period of time. It seems as though u pulled through just fine tho... when you do get your hotel, look me up. I can run your kitchen ;-)

11:24 a.m.  
Blogger E said...

Hey Soldier...welcome back to the blogland! You had a lot going on but I'm glad you were able to make it through those storms.

12:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May they R.I.P

Welcome back baby, please make your next post a happy one, why did u leave out all the incredibly positive things that happened during the past 6 months ?

" Passez-moi une bouteille de champagne ou une pute, c'est pareil ! Ça coûte cher mais puis ça dure que quelques minutes ces conneries... "

LOL !!!

12:36 a.m.  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

OMG, I read this and felt for you...I am sorry to hear about your friends. I can't believe the tremendous loss, the pain I know is unbearable but you are strong, you had the strenght to even write this post which to me I consider it a sweet dedication to your friend who lost her baby. I'm glad I stopped by and I will stop by again. By the way I can't provide a hotel but if you do decide to buy one later on in life, i'm a great cook :)

7:20 p.m.  
Blogger Karamale said...

we need to talk. i'll hit you tomorrow after i drop off the lil bro to the airport. answer the phone! the caller id will be some craziness like 0001234567.

10:24 a.m.  
Blogger Quaheem said...

wow....


speechless

12:59 p.m.  
Blogger Jameil said...

that was beautiful. i know it was sad, but it was eloquent. i'll buy you a hotel if you send me to school for as long as i want to go to go, in as many subjects as i want.

12:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ " Passez moi une bouteille de champagne..." c'est inoubliable.

Les derniers mois on été très durs, mais on se soutient.

On se voit demain soir au dîner ?

2:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DRIVE ALONE !!!!!
Excellente chanson ! Ça me rappelle le métro de Paris... mais si on ne "conduisait" pas vraiment.

So your blog is in english, you're such an unbelievable bastard ! lol i'm proud of you.

Enzo brought me here and i'm glad i read it, more joy and more music "Soldier"

Peace

2:37 a.m.  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

i'[ve not been to your blog in MONTHS! where have you been hiding!? how are you?

9:21 a.m.  
Blogger Soldier said...

@ Trina, E thank you

@ Lady... no discount, lol, invitations !!! That means free stay, discounts are lame :)

@ Fuzzy, i had no choice, this world is a business world, you can't let emotions take you over for too long. And you can run the kitchen at the hotel as long as you're not as crazy as the Chef in "Hell's Kitchen", the Fox Show

@ Delaleu, thx for the support, i'm counting on you to make sure Fuzzy doesn't go crazy in the hotel kitchen

@ Karamale, thx for the call man !

@ Quaheem, speechless... i was too for a while

@ Jameil, lol, no problem, but you'll have to send me your report card at the end of every semester, i need to make sure you're taking school seriously :)

@ Bougie, i'm good haven't been hiding though, there was just too much going for me to find time for my blog.

@ domenico, enzo and devilliers a.k.a @ "la crème"
You guys are insane as usual, LMAO @ "Passez-moi une bouteille de champagne ou une pute... "
That day is unforgettable, we're the next wedding crashers.
Thanx for having my back, bros !

5:57 a.m.  
Blogger Jameil said...

deal!

5:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home