Tuesday, August 28

before september starts....

... let me update this blog quickly so i can say i posted 2 entries in august lol

*** i still have very little time for this, but i'm trying to make it work because i kinda like it ***
** I'm not ready for a full post yet so instead of just writing one in mid-october, i'm giving you this right now **

1. I love you guys, all of you guys... no, really i do, you guys have that lil' something i like :-)

I'd also like to complete the thought i started in my last entry : " i'm really giving minimal consideration to my first impressions or to anything i hear about anybody, making efforts and coming at everybody with a sincerely good attitude. So far all of you have been amazing! dare to disapoint me and i'll freaking throw you off a couch or something... said !

2. i'm crazy... i mean... i am... really... 3 speeding tickets in 5 days in south beach/miami
the last day the cop actually told me i was crazy lol, he wished me a safe flight out of miami and said he was not gonna give me that 4th ticket
because he was exhausted lol :D

3. Speaking of love (or the temporary absence of it), my single status is absolutely amazing...
am i glowing in a special way or what ? random fine dudes on a cruise/then the beach walking up to me and starting conversations about the weather

4. laughter IS really GOOD, REALLY ! Laughing for 5 straight days relaxed my pores and my facial muscles, people, make me laugh !

5. No matter how hard i try i can't be myself with somebody until i'm really sure the person can handle me, i try to be like " fuck this, i'm
myself 100% 24/7 " but i don't like complications or unnecessary things/situations/debates so... for now things will remain like this, i'm staying an oyster lol
i'm saying this because someone i've known since 1997 told me last week that he had never imagined how cool i can be !

6. This is where the little talk stops...

This is an open message to any-and-everyone

" We only have ONE life to live, ONE !! that life is not about little things like walking around in your neighbourhood,or some he-said/she-said/but he-said...
i'd like to inform you that whether you believe in god or not, someone somewhere has made it possible for us to become better people if we want to...
This one and only life is about experiencing, thinking, sharing, growing, maturing, improving,...
I see A LOT of people missing out on A LOT of things, because they're rolling around in the 2 square inches of their comfort zones, mmm... not good
holding on to things that really don't matter, mmm... not good
making things more dramatic than they really are, mmm... not good
procrastinating, mmm... not good
You NEVER know what the next person can bring you in this life, so being an ass pretty randomly, mmm... not good

There is A LOT to discover out there : bigger, better, more intense things

There are A LOT of tragic things out there : war, poverty, diseases

A LOT of help is needed out there, but you have to help yourselves first...

POTENTIAL is a gold mine that we all have inside of us... what we lack is usually the tools to dig that damn gold
we HAVE to acknowledge the fact that we don't have these tools and look for them !

So on 08.28.07, Soldier,a tired black man is officially asking you to PUSH yourselves UP, give a kick to boost the energy of those around you... because you NEED them,
let them help you on the way up, show support, be there for your people, ask for help when you need it, be positive, forget yourselves sometimes because it's not always about you, be strong soldiers on the quest for something better, and make sure you're ready for it because it will ALWAYS come unannounced...

Together let's build strong and successful communities, let's just LIVE !!!!!!!

i don't know where it came from, but that was my message for today.
i'm impressed by my english skills these days.
thank you. goodnight.

14 Comments:

Blogger yet another black guy said...

message heard loud and clear!

3:18 a.m.  
Blogger iii said...

We love you too Soldier!! You received three tickets in 5 days !!! Man, you must like to drive fast. Thanx for the encouraging word in betterment of oneself. Much needed.

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger Motionphics said...

First off your english is wonderful.Great post sir!

Now on to the post. To those wonderful cops dealing with exhaustion, they should leave you the hell alone. Do they not know that you are on a reconnaissance mission to inspire people to get things done. sometimes we have to speed through life to accomplish all or tasks effectively. They should not ticketed for not realizing a government operation and should be jailed for life. That is just MY take on the tickets.

I love your rants on love and life. Rant on boi! Yet, I think the things that stuck out the most were the inspirational thoughts. We can certainly use more of these. They were more like kicks in the ass for me. Especially the potential being a goal mine statement. I have the tools, yet i think my pick needs to be sharpened or replaced, for i have hit some really hard and heavy ground over the years. Instead of abandoning the mine, I need to press forward to my full potential. I KNOW that there is a heap of goal in there.

U R Dapper!

10:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soldier, I read your post at the most opportune moment. I'm listening to U2 & Mary J's "One Love" trying to lift my spirits (while dealing with negative, ornery coworkers) and your message came RIGHT ON TIME!!!

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Ty said...

Great post! And we love you too Soldier.

6:31 p.m.  
Blogger fuzzy said...

Wow, you touched many things here! I love you! OMG I said it! lol

Great posts have been coming forth left and right all over blogland, I need to do a profound self-improvement post...

11:52 p.m.  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

Could not have put it any better. Great list. I can't stand when people get too comfortable with their life and forget to just live!

2:01 a.m.  
Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Exceptional post my good man! Especially the last part about life being short and realizing your potential. My Word of the Day that I sent out to my friends on Tuesday (Inspiration) touched upon this theme actually. I am preparing to embark on a journey that will navigate me well into uncharted waters with dangers abound. However, realizing that with God before me, who (or what in this instance) could possibly be against me, I accept the responsibility bestowed upon me to achieve my dreams. I shall, as will you. Peace!

~Damnit!

2:54 p.m.  
Blogger WhozHe said...

Excellent post, I fully believe in not taking life and people who care for for granted. Life lessons sometimes are hard to learn. It's helpful to have people like you drop a word of knowledge to help those along the way.

3:26 p.m.  
Blogger Rodney said...

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!

7:02 p.m.  
Blogger E said...

Wow...that message was definitely motivational. I really do need to get out of my comfort zone and take a risk once in a while. You're right. Life's too short.

You really should be a motivational speaker.

12:44 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

Wow...thanks for posting that. Positive vibes are fun.

12:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not all are able.

12:41 p.m.  
Blogger Jersey Brotha said...

Very powerful words to live by!

11:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home