Monday, August 13

So much to blog about

That's the main reason why i can't update my blog, i have too much to blog about !

Last time u guys heard from me i was dying in my bedroom with a broken laptop, a broken relationship and no job.
Things have changed since... that's typically soldier-ish !

* Laptop : My ex broke my laptop right ? well his father (who's also his boss) wrote me a 3000 $ check, and promised me he'd make his son work like a beast to payback every single penny of the money... (insert huge smile here)

* Work : i didn't lose the job, i ended up gettin a better position on the project and travelling to Africa, to my own country : the Ivory Coast for 2 weeks ! Those 2 weeks were absolutely insane though... gettin all the authorizations, permits, deals, and contracts to build a hotel in 2 weeks is quite crazy... i didnt sleep much, i had to be on gmt time, then work with people who were on gmt +2, others in nyc : gmt-4, then others in China, which is gmt +8, others from vegas, which is gmt-7... how can a human being be awake for all those time zones ? the answer is simple : no sleeping !

* Life : i love my family. i'm single. might be looking. am i ? maybe. but not too much. my mom makes the best pasta. white sand beaches. my nephew is trilingual : french, english, italian. too much alcohol. social obligations = horrible, i'm thru with them for the next 3 weeks. lobster, delicious. viva mercedes benz and leather interiors. renting an island for a weekend and not steppin in the water once, what a nonsense ! viva martini. mmm there were sharks in that water. i'm moving to nyc sooner than you think :) i keep on meeting some of the most unique and extraordinary people... i'm grateful... take notes : if i meet some of u, make sure u put ur weirdness aside and show me the best u have to offer, soldier is not dealing with people's insecurities, craziness, lack of maturity, selfishness or anythin else that doesn't make sense unless u start meaning something to him, why ? because i don't have to :)
i just realized that at some point i must have realized i was wasting my time and changing to make people happy, and i stopped it without making a conscious decision. it just happened.
Hanging out with my nephews and lil' cousins must have helped !
if u're not 5 years old, wipe ur own asses weirdos !

other than that i love y'all :)

i'll write a more " organized " entry soon :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Wow! So much has happened...i'm so glad you're back to blogging and things are looking up. Saturday? You mean 8/18? Let me know for sure...please do email me again, i never got it :(

Yes, you'll have a copy of the book with a bookmark from thee poet, me, myself and I :)

8:51 a.m.  
Blogger E said...

I just saw lobster and went into hog high heaven. It's funny how one when one door slams, another one opens right up. You've certainly had a crazy ass schedule but it sounds like you've gotten through it with flying colors.

Heh...a thought though on having folks compress their insecurities and craziness and lack of maturity, I personally think the sooner they reveal their true selves, the sooner I can conclude whether or not I even want to entertain the notion of getting to know you. Of course that's easier said than done since the tendency is to put your best behavior forth during those initial meetings.

Good to see an entry Soldier..:-)

1:05 a.m.  
Blogger iii said...

Eventhough you had to work mostly, it seems like you had a great time in Africa. I am happy that you still have your job. We all need our jobs.. lol. Moving to the Big Apple. Great. Let us know when. Take Care.

8:38 a.m.  
Blogger Ty said...

I haven't read your blog in quite a while and have missed a lot. I am glad to hear that things are turning around for you though.

Stay encouraged and congratulations.

1:39 p.m.  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Guess where I will be all week from the 22nd until the 27th???????? You guessed it!! Montreal!!! Email me. Hopefully we can connect and have a drink or something.

5:49 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

YAY!!! Glad everything worked out for the best.

11:36 a.m.  
Blogger N4R said...

Congrats on that project. It sounds like a dream. I could use a new laptop myself.

1:51 a.m.  
Blogger Rodney said...

Who needs sleep when there's so much to experience? I also just learned a valuable lesson about changing for other people. It's absolutely liberating.

I promised to not be weird and wipe my own ass when you come to NY!

Damn! Doesn't no4real look hot 4real?

7:58 p.m.  
Blogger fuzzy said...

I just got my pc! lol I could use a 1st laptop. (I really dont need one) Till the next time we meet! btw organization is cool!

1:12 p.m.  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

"if u're not 5 years old, wipe ur own asses weirdos !" lol sorry, but i HAVE to incorporate that into my everyday lingo!!!

congrats on the fun and adventure!

3:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home