Thursday, August 30

Split personnalities... i did it again

Thanks you guys for the comments and numerous emails about my last post, it was a necessary post lol
good to know, the message was appreciated... for those who've been lazy in the past 48 hours, scroll down lol

Tuesday night, it happened again, but this time it was just too much
i'm talking about the item # 5 of my last post : i am too many people at the same time !!!

Tuesday night, i was *chilling* (sorry shawn for the use of that word... i know u love it... lol) at a b-day dinner/party in Atlanta (you can count on me for 12 hours express trips from dc to atlanta), and as time went by and i started interacting with people, my bestfriend who was there too was shocked by the different versions of me that came out in such a short time !
He made me realize i was easily going from ice cold with person A, to very warm with person C, only sayin yes/no to person F, laughing hard with person V to the point some people felt like i was doing it on purpose or that i had something against them, others were just confused...

example : person H walks up to me starts talking to me and that person doesnt inspire me too much, i use my minimal english, and dont talk much... a few seconds later person L starts talking to me, and as person H walks away from us, he hears us cracking jokes in english !
i didnt do it on purpose, it's just that H hasn't proven to me that i can make the effort of speaking constantly in a foreign language to him, i have nothing against him, he"s not a bad person...

little things like that...

Now when i throw in the mix that boy who only discovered that i can be a nice person after i've known him for 10 years, and who is on his way to becoming a friend now, i"m asking myself a few questions...

i'm not a person with many faces, it's just that my job being mostly about human relations i learned " fast adaptation " in order to get what i want from the client, and i guess it slowly crept into my life...

What i realized from my bestfriend's very long speech is that i should :
* give people time and a chance to really be themselves around me before i classify them
* say what's on my mind and just be my damn self, the same person, the whole time so people know exactly what to expect from me
* keep the work strategies at work lol

Hoping it will make my interactions with other human beings better i'll try that !

9 Comments:

Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Are you a Gemini? I think we all have a little of that in us.

9:19 a.m.  
Blogger life said...

I think being adaptive is a great trait, but you may want to balance it a little more. From reading what you wrote you did switch quite a bit.

9:23 p.m.  
Blogger iii said...

Sounds like person H was not all that interesting....

Tweak some things about your social advenutre but remember to always be you.

7:20 a.m.  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

for better or worse, our jobs define us to some degree (which is probably why so many of us want to switch LOL), and it seems a very effective part of yours has become a staple of your overall demeanor.

personally, i don't think it's bad, as some people really don't deserve your time. you MAY be throwing off a few people here and there, but if it serves you well at work, why wouldn't it any other time?

your personal time is infinitely more valuable, because that's when YOU get to choose who, what, where and how to be. if it takes a couple folks longer to EARN your trust, then they'll appreciate what a special thing it is to have.

12:13 a.m.  
Blogger E said...

I wish I could switch personalities on a dime....but if someone pisses me off, I tend to have remnants of it with the next person.

My friend Eugene's good at flipping on a dime too...:-)

2:43 p.m.  
Blogger E said...

Oh yeah...so now you can say you have 3 posts for the month of August...:-)

2:45 p.m.  
Blogger Tyson said...

Well, I don't know the person that I am reading about right now. I guess that is a good thing. I have only interacted twith the pleasant Soldier. You have always been polite and courteous to me and my friends. I don't know what to tell everyone else. muah

7:11 p.m.  
Blogger Promiscuous X said...

I hope that the was the real you this past weekend lol. Come outta that shell. lol.

10:52 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tải nhạc chuông: http://tainhacchuong.biz/ hay nhất miễn phí cho điện thoại.
tuyển chọn nhac chuong hay nhat: http://nhacchuonghay.mobi/ ĐỘC NHẤT, kho tai nhac chuong mien phi lớn nhất hiện nay

12:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home